Patients today are very different than even five years ago. They do their research, they choose their doctor even if referred by another doctor, and they are likely to arrive in a doctor’s office with a list of terms, symptoms and have already diagnosed themselves thanks to Dr. Google.
We so often hear patients equate a doctor’s website to the type and quality of care they will receive. For example, a website that is modern and informative translates to the patient the office will be technologically savvy and the doctor will be collaborative in further educating the person. On the other hand, websites not using the latest technology are perceived as less knowledgeable or even inadequate.
We also hear many doctors and their practice manager say they don’t have time to think about a website and it’s not a priority – true compared to patient care it may not be, however getting those patients in the door is important. That’s the perfect reason to choose a company that is health care literate, creates websites every day, and specializes helping physician practices.
Since these educated patients are online looking for information before they choose or make an appointment, why not give them the information on your website. Providing a health education section on your website can help the patient and support the practice. A website can:
- Highlight and provide credibility in the patient’s view of your expertise while educating the patient about conditions and treatments.
- Allow the patient to meet you prior to their first visit with a video profile.
- Be a resource for the patient to be find forms, locations, phone or fax numbers or explain (again) in writing or video a procedure or condition.
- Satisfied patients are overwhelming willing to share their story on video – patient referrals are the second most important way other patients choose their doctor, after a physician referral.
- Link your patients to your EMR system with HIPAA compliance.
- Take some of the burden off your staff by providing general and routine information.
- Used well, the website can provide meaningful use credit.
Tschetter & Associates is the area’s leading medical practice website development firm. If you are a healthcare professional looking to grow your medical practice, whether it be, internal medicine, cardiologists, family medicine, pediatricians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, dentists or women’s health, you have come to the right place.
We offer website development for healthcare practices that is fully customized with SEO that will help your site show up in search rankings, along with mobile device compatibility. With over 40 years of experience in Michigan healthcare, we know what you need to increase your patient volumes, while educating your patients.